|November 3, 2009|
|9:30 am||to||5:30 pm|
The first free Morning Advertiser/SIBA Pub Retail Conference in association with Miller Brands takes place on Tuesday 3 November 2009 at the Crowne Plaza,19 New Bridge Street, London EC4V 6DB.
To book up to two free places on first come, first serve basis e-mail Rikki Mudie on rikki.mudie@william-reed,.co.uk or call on (01293) 610396.
SIBA Pub Retail Conference
· 9.30: Registration;
· 10am: “What’s happening in the pub market”: Geof Collyer, lead leisure analyst at Deutsche Bank, provides an overview.
· 10.30am: What happening in the beer market: Mike Edwards, director of sales, multiple on-trade and regionals, Miller Brands.
· 11am: Routes to market: Nick Stafford, who runs Siba’s Direct Delivery scheme, provides an update.
· 11.30-11.40am: coffee
· 11.40am: Building your pub estate: ten things I learned along the way: Chris Holmes of Castle Rock.
· 12.10: Siba members talk about what they do that’s different.
· Alex Brodie, founder of Hawkshead Brewery, talks about his brewery‘s approach.
· Michael Thurlby, founder of Ufford Ales, talks about his company, which runs award-winning pubs in the Stamford, Lincolnshire area
· Alastair Hook, chief executive and brewmaster of the Meantime Brewing Company, talks about his company’s market vision,
· 1pm-2pm: lunch
· 2pm: Norfolk-based Woodforde’s Brewery explain the company’s market philosophy and how it has broken out of its heartlands.
· 2.30pm: Building a partnership with micro-brewers: Stephen Gould, chief executive of Everards Brewery, talks about how micro-brewers have worked with the company to open pubs. (
· 3,00pm: How we upped our game: Jane Fuller of Itchen Valley Brewery talks about about the company started doing differently after investment from Gerry Robinson
· 3.30pm-3.40pm: Coffee
· 3.40pm: A beer drinker’s view: Beer guru Roger Protz, editor of Camra’s Good Beer Guide, provides a beer drinker’s perspective,
· 4.10pm: Award-winnning licensee Ali Carter gives her ten top tips on how to improve a pub’s retail offer.
· 4.40pm: Rupert Thompson, founder and chief executive of Refresh, brewers of the Brakspear and Wychwood beers, gives his top ten tips on how to build a beer brand. (
· 5.10pm: Close
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!