- Supplier Associate Members
- Brewer Members
- Brewery Finder
- SIBA Locals
- SIBA Locals Pub Finder
- SIBA/IBD Brewers Diary
Archive for category Events Calendar
|November 2, 2009|
|9:00 am||to||4:30 pm|
Click here for more info
|November 3, 2009|
|9:30 am||to||5:30 pm|
The first free Morning Advertiser/SIBA Pub Retail Conference in association with Miller Brands takes place on Tuesday 3 November 2009 at the Crowne Plaza,19 New Bridge Street, London EC4V 6DB.
To book up to two free places on first come, first serve basis e-mail Rikki Mudie on rikki.mudie@william-reed,.co.uk or call on (01293) 610396.
SIBA Pub Retail Conference
· 9.30: Registration;
· 10am: “What’s happening in the pub market”: Geof Collyer, lead leisure analyst at Deutsche Bank, provides an overview.
· 10.30am: What happening in the beer market: Mike Edwards, director of sales, multiple on-trade and regionals, Miller Brands.
· 11am: Routes to market: Nick Stafford, who runs Siba’s Direct Delivery scheme, provides an update.
· 11.30-11.40am: coffee
· 11.40am: Building your pub estate: ten things I learned along the way: Chris Holmes of Castle Rock.
· 12.10: Siba members talk about what they do that’s different.
· Alex Brodie, founder of Hawkshead Brewery, talks about his brewery‘s approach.
· Michael Thurlby, founder of Ufford Ales, talks about his company, which runs award-winning pubs in the Stamford, Lincolnshire area
· Alastair Hook, chief executive and brewmaster of the Meantime Brewing Company, talks about his company’s market vision,
· 1pm-2pm: lunch
· 2pm: Norfolk-based Woodforde’s Brewery explain the company’s market philosophy and how it has broken out of its heartlands.
· 2.30pm: Building a partnership with micro-brewers: Stephen Gould, chief executive of Everards Brewery, talks about how micro-brewers have worked with the company to open pubs. (
· 3,00pm: How we upped our game: Jane Fuller of Itchen Valley Brewery talks about about the company started doing differently after investment from Gerry Robinson
· 3.30pm-3.40pm: Coffee
· 3.40pm: A beer drinker’s view: Beer guru Roger Protz, editor of Camra’s Good Beer Guide, provides a beer drinker’s perspective,
· 4.10pm: Award-winnning licensee Ali Carter gives her ten top tips on how to improve a pub’s retail offer.
· 4.40pm: Rupert Thompson, founder and chief executive of Refresh, brewers of the Brakspear and Wychwood beers, gives his top ten tips on how to build a beer brand. (
· 5.10pm: Close
|November 3, 2009|
|6:00 pm||to||9:00 pm|
Meeting has now moved to 23rd November
|November 6, 2009|
To be held at Hawkshead Brewery
|November 10, 2009|
|7:00 pm||to||8:30 pm|
|November 16, 2009|
|November 17, 2009|
|November 23, 2009|
|7:30 pm||to||10:30 pm|
Click here for the agenda
I am pleased to announce the date of the SIBA Midlands AGM will be held on Monday 23rd November 2009. Please note that this date has been changed from the one originally circulated. The Award winning Thornbridge Brewery have kindly offered to host this meeting and they have perfect facilities to do so, it fits in nicely with our half yearly meetings which continue to tour the vast Midlands region.
Thornbridge have recently moved to new premises and would be delighted to show off their new brewery to any member who is interested, they have some interesting equipment of the type you may not have seen before.
Thornbridge Brewery Tour at 6.00pm until – 7.00 pm – Riverside Brewery, Buxton Road, Bakewell DE45 1GS.
To be followed by-:
SIBA Midlands Annual General Meeting at Thornbridge Hall , Ashford in the Water, DE45 1NZ – 7.30pm for 8pm prompt – till close.
The Hall is about 1 mile/ 3 mins in a car from the new brewery.
To allow for both sufficient tour guides and for the meeting room set up and catering arrangements it is essential that you RSVP to both events to myself at your earliest convenience.