- Supplier Associate Members
- Brewer Members
- Brewery Finder
- SIBA Locals
- SIBA Locals Pub Finder
- SIBA/IBD Brewers Diary
SIBA South West Region
Representatives to the South West
Born in Gloucestershire, Guy spent his formative years in the Midlands developing a liking of mild in the process. He opted out of accountancy after graduating at Exeter University and set up the wholesale brewers’ agents business of Sheppard & Mason in 1977, which was sold in 1991. Guy became part of Exe Valley Brewery in 1991; spent 10+ years as SW Treasurer of SIBA (can’t get completely away from accountancy!). Set up and still instrumental in ‘Ales from Devon’ , a consortium of local brewers participating in countywide events. Married to Sue, a priest in the Church of England, with 2 children both of whom have gone off to universities in Scotland.
Following a brief spell at Agricultural College, Kevin’s 35-year career has been focussed in the Licensed Trade Industry; from early hands-on experience as an Assistant Bar Manager, to Operations Manager at the Royal Windsor & Ascot Racecourses, and later as Training & Business Development Manager within a smaller independent ‘Pubco’.
It was somewhat later in life that Kevin realised that his true-love was for Cask Ale. He then wasted no time in seeking positions where his business development skills could be fully utilised in the promotion of a product he really believes in. During the early 90’s, he joined a renowned regional brewer based here in the Southwest and began his long involvement with SIBA.
Kevin is currently the National Sales Director with Box Steam Brewery and is just as committed to promoting the cask ale ideal today as he was twenty years ago; and not just here in the U.K. but right across the globe. A keen ‘Leicester Tigers’ rugby fan and a committed gardener, kevin still finds time to visit the numerous local hostelries.
News articles from the South West Region:
- Butcombe Brewery Partners ‘Eat, Drink, Bristol Fashion’ and Launches Scourmont Abbey Monks Best Kept Secret – Chimay Gold Queen Square, Bristol 13th-27th May 2013
- The End of the Witch Hunt
- Skinners Set to Make Waves With Lushingtons
- SIBA South West Region Beer Competition 2013
- Wadworth Pair Earn Licensed Qualification
- Adrian Wood Retires After 44 Years In Brewing
- Skinner’s Help Preserve Surfing History
- Bath Ales Opens Showcase Store at Hare House
- Wye Valley Brewery boss wins SIBA accolade
- Butcombe Takes Its Brewery Tour to the World