With growing credibility and campaigning success, SIBA has come to represent the broad spectrum of the independent brewing sector. Renamed in 1995, SIBA is now one of the most authoritative and respected bodies in the brewing industry.
…The Road to Market.
SIBA continues to pursue its original mission:
To campaign on behalf of independent brewers to ensure that they have the best possible opportunity to bring their goods to market.
The delivery of this fundamental aim includes:
• Providing information, advice and guidance on best practice through the Journal, Newsletter and website.
• Representation to the wider industry – government, regulatory agencies, trading organisations and trade associations.
• Facilitating the purchase of goods and services provided to members by associate members and external parties.
…The Route to Success.
SIBA has recorded a number of significant achievements over the years, including:
• The Guest Beer Provision.
• End-Point Duty.
• “Cask-Conditioned Beer” recognised by government.
• Progressive Beer Duty (PBD) introduced June 2002 for breweries producing up to 30,000 hectolitres per year.
• Direct Delivery Scheme (SIBA DDS) ‘access to market’ via major pub companies and national retail chains launched December 2003.
• PBD extended March 2004 to output up to 60,000hl.
…The Key to a Quality Future. SIBA is focused on its developing role:
• Commitment to localism in support of businesses that enhance local community, local economy, and a sustainable local environment.
• Dedication to quality products – with training and brewery support programmes that seek to ensure that SIBA membership is synonymous with the very best that the beer world has to offer.
• Awards for beer quality to match the most prestigious in the industry, and awards for achievement in all fields of local enterprise.
• Determination to deliver the very best service in identifiable internal support.
• Forceful representation of members’ interests within the wider industry and its political environment.
…The Voice of the Quality Independent Brewing Industry.
Membership of SIBA is open to breweries, suppliers to the brewing industry, and pubs that are committed in their support for the finest quality beer.
A full description of membership levels and benefits can be found here.